Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Casting the (pretend) Prophecy Movie and the first official Prophecy Teaser

I got asked what actor I'd pick to play my main male lead, Jaewon, in PROPHECY. This wasn't actually an easy answer. First of all because my book is set in Korea and secondly because I've never really thought of it. For real.

Such a funny question, really, as this is not something I would ever foresee. I could see Prophecy as a manga series but I can't see it as a movie. But this is all in good fun, right? So I thought about it and I ended up choosing my oldest daughter's favorite Korean actor/singer - Taecyeon.


In this picture, at least, he is almost the perfect Jaewon. He has that pretty boy face I envisioned for Jaewon, but what is missing is the hint of sadness. Jaewon's character is someone who has suffered so much in his young life. Even when he laughs and smiles, the sadness is ever present. I think that's why his character is so special to me.

And there you have it! The first official Prophecy teaser!

10 comments:

Jaye Robin Brown said...

I always pick people too old to be my characters! He's very cute. Your daughter has good taste.

Jessica said...

Ahh! I was actually going to ask you this! Perfect timing! I haven't been paying much attention to the K-Pop scene recently, but I think he's from 2PM?

Also, he's bilingual since he grew up partially in the US so it's even more perfect! :O

Jenna Blake Morris said...

This is fun! Very cool that you could imagine Prophecy as manga. That seems like it'd be just as wizard as a movie...

Charles Gramlich said...

I got asked that question recently about my characters too. It's very difficult for me to do since I never really reference movies and actors while writing.

Mary Beth said...

Taecyeon is hot; I highly approve.

He was also a pretty good actor in DREAM HIGH and did an excellent job of portraying a character with a lot of hidden pain!

Christina Farley said...

Love it!

bookworm105 said...

Daebak! Is that the way to use it? Anyway, great pick!

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to more teasers and on the lookout for an excerpt. I'm hoping HarperTeen will make it available to browse inside.

Natalia Belikov said...

OMG!!!!! SO HOT!! I didnt know this guy before! thanks for bringing it to my attention (specially with the casting!) omg!!! =9 Gonna stalking right away! ^^ lol

playbazaar said...

Satta king
i like this very much!!!!!

Search This Blog